Pittsburgh’s J.Malls and Gordy G. are the creators and resident DJs at TITLE TOWN, the high-octane, all-vinyl soul and funk dance party making bodies move since 2009.
Inspired by legendary Pittsburgh DJs like Porky Chedwick and Mad Mike, TITLE TOWN upholds their legacy by blending an appreciation of the classic and forgotten sounds of decades past – namely Northern soul, funk, disco, and vintage rhythm & blues – with a contemporary edge, turned all the way up.
The duo navigates genres and eras, blending the best of Motown, Stax, and Chess with hand-picked 45rpm rarities from regional soul scenes around the country – turning dedicated crowds into feel-good dance floor frenzies.
Check out TITLE TOWN Soul & Funk Party every first Saturday of the month at Spirit in Pittsburgh.
Check out a few recent articles:
- Next Pittsburgh (Jan. 5, 2016): “Title Town kicks off new residency at the Ace Hotel Pittsburgh”
- Next Pittsburgh (Oct. 6, 2014): “TITLE TOWN turns 5 years young”
- The Pitt News (Jan 26, 2011): “Title Town gives up the funk and soul”
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (March 25, 2010): “Title Town brings back the funk/soul hits and misses of eras past”
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (Dec 13, 2010): “Soul survival: Pittsburgh’s dance clubs draw lovers of the beat”